There are a number of visa's available that allow Australians to work in the USA.

If you're not sure what visa to get, it's worth getting some advice from a good immigration attorney. They have a very good handle on which category will best suit your circumstances. Austrade offices will be able to provide you with a list of attorneys that have been successfully used by other Aussies in the past.